Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sexual Violence Against Women and Girls

These are some screenshots from an article I read in my social issues course last semester that deals with sexual exploitation. This is not the article in it's entirety, but merely segments. (This article was published in a larger work in the form of a book; thus I am unable to provide a link to the full source. I sincerely apologize.)

(Click on screenshots to make them larger.)








Reading this makes me angry, scared, and heart-broken. In hearing the statement about Brazil, all I could think about were the precious little girls I met in Sao Paulo this summer: Julia, Bianca, Rebeca, Jeovana, Ana, Paloma... 
What if this happened to them?

Fact: Human trafficking brings in $32,000,000 annually; that's more than Google, Starbucks, and Nike combined. 

Just take a second to really think about that... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment